Our Vision and Values
Here at Downsbrook, our Vision and Values are at the core of everything that we do. They underpin our approaches to teaching and learning as well as pastoral care and support us in developing an environment that prioritises social and emotional well-being in order to secure the very best outcomes from every child. Our school values are deeply rooted in the provision of an inclusive approach to education.
Simply put, our vision is to provide
“Educational excellence delivered for everyone, everyday, through: equality, engagement and empowerment”.
To achieve this, we believe in:
Equality - Opportunity, provision and access for all.
- We value and champion equality of opportunity for all children regardless of ability, social, economic or cultural background. We believe in a school where our provision does make a difference and no child lacks the tools that they need to succeed. We work consistently to remove all barriers to learning and to ensure that our children experience equal access to high quality teaching and learning, the whole school curriculum and the wider school life.
Engagement - Creativity, enthusiasm and inspiration for all.
- We value high levels of creativity and innovation in our practice that delivers an inspiring, exciting and well-rounded curriculum that enthuses learners
- We value talk and welcome discussion with all members of the school community.
- We value the development of emotional well-being through a positive and praising approach to learning and behaviour.
- We value parents as partners in working together to achieve the best outcomes for every child. By ensuring that all members of our school community are ‘present’ we know that we model and promote a genuine interest in the lives of all children.
Empowerment - Rights, responsibility and respect for all.
- We value and respect the contributions of all members of our school community. We passionately believe that all members of our school community have the right to a voice and the right to he heard.
- We value the freedom of all members of our school and their ability to make choices, develop ideas for change and to take risks. Linked to this, we support and encourage each other to take responsibility and to be accountable for our choices and actions.
- We value and celebrate every member of our community and we recognise that we all make a difference.