E-safety for childrenHere at Downsbrook, we work hard to make sure you all know how to keep yourselves safe in the online world. The internet is now a key part of our lives and this will increase even further as children grow older. There are lots of resources available for children and parents to help us to learn how to use the internet safely.
Activities for children
What has helped you remember how to stay safe when using the Internet?
Is it The Smart Crew?
Do you use the CBBC Stay Safe site with its link to the WonderWebWorld?
The Thinkuknow and Kidsmart websites have sections for different age groups all about using the web safely. Take a look at the different activities that you can complete on your own or with an adult.
Information For Parents on E-Safety
More detailed information regarding how to help children stay safe online can be found on our safeguarding page and by viewing the documents below.
Academic Year 2020/2021
- What Parents need to know about Deepfakes
- Omegle Call of Duty Instagram Honk App
- What Parents need to know about gamers streamers and influencers
- What Parents need to know about We Chat
- What parents need to know about snapchat
- Tips for helping children express themselves online safely
- What Parents need to know about Text Me
- What Parents need to know about Discord
- You Tube Google Family Link and Discord
- X Box Facebook Messenger Rooms and OK Live App
- What Parents need to know about Tik Tok
- Twitch Among Us and Tik Tok
- Triller Instagram and Online Hate Crimes
- Safer Internet Day
- Remote Learning Whats App and Grand Theft Auto
Academic Year 2019/2020
- All about Tik Tok Snapchat You Tube and Roasting
- Smart Phone Safety and Minecraft
- Mixer and Tik Tok Apps
- Nintendo Switch
- Broadband and Tik Tok
- Using You tube safely and Hollie Guard App
- Cyberbullying and Online Chat